The Holidays are fast approaching! I can’t believe it is only 6 weeks or so till Christmas! This year really has flown by! And while this Christmas I am so much more less concerned with what I want for Christmas and how I am going to make this Christmas special as it is our baby’s first Christmas (she may only be a few weeks old but still counts) and special because the hubby and I will be separated by duty this holiday season.
But I can’t forget all my fellow military spouses (and I thought I might put together a Christmas list for the hubby to follow as well 😉). I didn’t want to just put together a list of things I wanted for my holiday gift guide, but I really wanted to highlight and feature all the wonderful Military Spouse Businesses that are out there selling great products! So, I went hunting for all the things I would love to receive this holiday season that were made by military spouses for military spouses (we can deal with the kiddos another day because there are so many great options for the kids too, but this is for us!)
For the Organized (Or Not So Organized) MilSpouse
- Rosie Planner: The Rosie Planner is so cute in its three different covers. With Deployment and PCS check lists it has everything the busy MilSpouse needs to take charge of her family life and Make Things Happen! I love my planners and spend months picking a new one out for the new year and I personally can’t wait to try this planner out in 2018! My favorite planners have separate monthly and weekly planning pages! It will be perfect for keeping my blog organized! And all the activities for me and the Little One. Since this planner comes UN-dated it allows you to start at any point in the year. Whether a year of PCSing, Deployments, or planning coffees is in your future- this gift will have all the MilSpouses in your life covered! To get your Rosie Planner Click here!
For the MilSpouse who loves to Read
- Sacred Spaces by Corie Weathers: We all have one friend (or maybe we are that friend) that just devours books! Which makes books a perfect gift! As military spouses, we all go through separations- deployments and TDYs. And during those separations we all face challenges that our partner just can’t understand. Both the service member and the spouse left at home. For the service member, it might be a combat mission that changes them; for spouses, maybe we faced childbirth alone. We will never be the same person we were before they left. And those will be our sacred spaces in our marriages. Corie addresses these sacred spaces and how they affect our marriage, and how we can use them to make our marriages stronger rather than pushing us apart.
For the Trendy MilSpouse
- Rocco & Norah Headbands: For the Busy Mom on the Go what better than a soft headband wrap to keep your hair out of your face, worry free, and totally on point! When your hair looks this good so easily, you are ready to rock your day without a care! Soft fabric that stays in place! If you want you can even purchase matching momma and baby sets! Find their products on their website here!
- Riveter Bags: I know I am not the only one who carries a bag that contains everything I may *ever* need. So, I love a big heavy-duty bag that is still cute and stylish. Enter R. Riveter tote! The R. Riveter tote is heavy duty and durable so it can carry the heavy load we MilSpouses carry around with us on a daily basis without compromising style. I love this bag for its durability! I am constantly going through cheap TJ Maxx purses because I try to carry way to much in them on a daily basis. Because Starbucks is my favorite place to work I often find myself carrying my computer, books, and more. This one stands up to it! Also, now with the Little Miss this bag is big enough to throw in some of her stuff if we are out running a quick errand! What better bag to carry your planner around 😉 Check out their site to see all their fabulous bags and accessories!
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
- Subscription boxes is one of the top new gifts to give to anyone! Here are two awesome subscription boxes that will come once a month full of goodies.
- MilSO Box: Dedicated to honor and respect the women holding down the home front, MilSO Box sources gifts meant to excite, comfort, assist, and beautify our warriors at home. Each month’s box will feature 4 to 7 thoughtfully curated gifts. Even though these items will be a surprise, each subscriber can expect a mix of bath & beauty products, home decor, accessories, helpful gadgets, inspirational items, unique gifts, and of course, anything patriotic! They feature products from Veteran and Military Spouse owned business. When you purchase this gift you can choose a single month, or a monthly subscription where the recipient gets a unique curated box each month! Click here for more information and to shop their site
- The Six Box: Everyday we support our service members and we care for the kids at home. We send care packages, but who of us ever wishes we could receive a care package?? Now with The Six Box you can! Again this is a monthly subscription where you receive a box especially designed to help you care for yourself so you can stay happy and healthy caring for everyone else! It is all about self-care! They call it a Reverse Care Package! They’ve got your six. Click here for more information and to shop their site.
I hope you take the chance to explore these MilSpouse businesses this holiday season as you make your holiday wish lists and gift lists. Don’t let the holidays slip by without getting one of these fabulous gifts! Even if you have to buy it for yourself (don’t worry, we all do it)!