Now that the cat is out of the bag with our big pregnancy announcement, I can now share my top tips for hiding early pregnancy while being extremely nauseous. I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to hid my pregnancy when I felt just awful.
I hate being nauseous, I mean I don’t know anyone who likes it. But I hate it almost more than anything. So when I lost my appetite at just 6 weeks and had pretty severe nausea by 7 weeks I realized I was in trouble. There were so many nights I watched my hubby sit helpless on the couch just wanting to help me feel better, but I had no idea how to help him help me!
If there was a Pinterest article on morning sickness, you can bet that I read it, not just once but twice combing through every detail for assistance. To be honest I don’t know if anything truly helped, but somewhere along the way it did get better. And eventually I woke up one morning and magically felt 100% better.
But in the mean time I had to at least function on the most basic level. I had to occasionally go grocery shopping, I had babysitting to do, friends to see, and deal with our impending move.
So Here is my list of things to do when you have to function despite the nausea:
- Try peppermint tea, or lemon ginger tea. Both of these were saviors for me when I was feeling yucky.
- Sea Bands, you know those motion sickness bands. Well as unflattering as they look they worked. Whether it was a placebo affect or they were actually helpful I don’t know but I am willing to accept any reason for help. P.s. though if you spend a lot of time around other moms this might be a give-away (many women at PWOC totally caught on because of these!)
- Tums, lots and lots of tums. And if the chalky flavor gets to you buy the chewy ones.
- Gummy pre-natal vitamins were a savior in the early weeks
- Eat whatever you can, being hungry makes it infinitely worse!
- Sleep whenever you can, this might be more difficult if you have more than one kid already or a real job but whenever I felt really bad I would just lay down and close my eyes
- Do Something to distract yourself. As much as I did NOT feel like leaving the house some days, I could tell a huge difference on days when I got out of the house and was active (I babysat alot), those days were always much better.
- Smells were difficult for me! So I diffused Lemon and Peppermint Essential Oils in the room to help the room smell clean! This was so helpful! I love the Jade Bloom Brand of oils! They are safe and pure like Young Living or Doterra, but affordable!
Products I loved that helped me through!
- Pink Stork Mist: Magnesium Spray for Morning Sickness & Nausea Relief -Promotes Energy Levels, Sleep Quality & More -Reduce Anxiety and Irritability -Organic Dead Sea Magnesium and Purified Water
- Sea-Band Mama, Anti-Nausea Accupressure Wrist Band
- Twinings Herbal Tea, Lemon & Ginger, 20 Teabag Box (Pack of 6)
- SmartyPants PreNatal Complete Gummy Vitamins: Multivitamin – 180 count (2 Pack)
What did you do to help manage your morning sickness?