When we began this crazy Army life, our plan was to go into the National Guard, stay in South Carolina and be there forever… 2 years later of course that is not where we ended up because, well Army. I went to Graduate school, got a degree in Marriage and Family Counseling, my husband opted out of the Guard and went Active Duty.
Here we are now at Fort Benning and we still can’t make a plan! Now if you are anything like me, this drives you CRAZY. I am the kind of person that has plan A through Z and then some. I love plans. I like knowing what is coming next and when its coming. So as a new Army Wife you can imagine how frustrating this can be! SO what is a person to do? Well here is what I have come up with!
1. Eat some chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, a whole bag of potato chips. Whatever your guilty pleasure food is, eat it! And don’t feel guilty well all just need a little something to feel better sometimes.
2. Talk to your girlfriends, trust me they are feeling the same frustrations! That’s what Army Sister Wives are for! That is why finding community is so important
3. Remember, no matter how frustrated you get, your hubby has just as little control as you do! I the Army he isn’t in charge of what is happening in his career as far as where he goes and when he finds things out. So try try try your hardest not to blame him, because it is not his fault yall still don’t have orders!
4. Take a deep breath, you can do this, eventually the Army will give you the information you need to know to move forward!
5. Smile, because at least if you don’t know what is coming you get to wait around and worry with the one you love (even if they are not always right beside you. And no matter what, that is a Blessing!
So there you go. Don’t let it hinder you from doing things, go to school, have that family, plan that vacation, and get the first (or second) puppy because if you are always waiting for the perfect timing you will be waiting your entire army career.